Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spirited Child


So many of you that read my posts know the Captain and know he is a lot of, well, everything.  I'm sure you've all thought, "she's got her hands full!" At least that's what you said on a good day!  Well let me give you a summary of life with the Captain.  At birth the first things said about him were...he's pink and he's chubby.  From the moment he was laid on my stomach his big eyes were looking around.  I don't think he's closed them since.  He crawled and pulled up at 6 months, walked at 9 months and was talking at 12 months which was at the grocery store on his birthday and on the way out pointed to a balloon and said "Elmo".  He hasn't stopped talking, walking, crawling, running, jumping, or any other activity since!  This is just the beginning.  If you truly want to know what I am talking about, please read "How to Raise Your Spirited Child" I cried when I read it because it meant I wasn't alone.  There were "others" out therre like him.  I wasn't doing anything wrong and he wasn't a freak.  On really bad days I remember to tell myself that I will not be given more than I can handle.  Then I put on my invisible superman cape, take a deep breath, and jump in.  All the while counting the time between now and night-night time.  So to all you momma's out there, having a spirited child means I have tried every solution to almost every problem that can arise in a world with a toddler.  From the positive to the negative to the creative.  Go ahead and try me!  Oh and this picture?  Was what the Captain looked like after a morning of eating oatmeal!

1 comment:

Mel said...

big hugs! i wish boo and the captain could hang out more and work out all their energy out together so that we could sit back once in a while! :) my little guy had oatmeal this morning too. he asked for it out of the blue. maybe he knew the captain was also going to have it. he required an outfit change as well :)