Monday, March 17, 2008

My little Lepruchauns


Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Irish Pirates!  By the end of the day the Cap't was wishing everyone a happy St. Patrick's Day, the Kid was especially smiley and the Cap't talked about everything being green before bed.  Now, back to the big potty issue.  If I don't tell this story now, my toddler brain will take over and it will have been forgotten until it happens again.  Some days I feel like a goldfish.  Namely Elmo's goldfish, Dorothy.  Lord help me!  Okay so the Captain was in the bath this morning.  He did not go big potty yesterday so I knew today was "the day".  I asked him if he had to go all morning and finally he says "no mom!" well, while in the tub he kept getting quiet, finally I got him out and he did it.  Super good big potty on the toilet.  He got to play with his special toy from the shelf, we had high fives, and called everyone who would care.  (Did you ever think it would get to this?) If I took the word "big potty" out of this entry, you might have thought we'd won a lottery.  Anyway, so the Cap't is in playing with his cool toy and I step out to change the Kid's diaper.  I come back and what do I see? a big potty pile on the Cap't carpet!  The toy went right back to the shelf and the Cap't. burst into tears.  What did he think was going to happen.  I think it's just a battle of wills....why do I blog about this?   For those of you out there who think crazy things only happen to you.  Come on in and peek into my world!

2 comments:

Beth Butler said...

Oh dear!

At least you have a fabulous picture of the kiddos in their green.

QuahMama said...

I've talked to Evan about your "cool toy" idea and he's interested... Now we just have to find the right cool toy. Poor guy really tries so hard, but just can't get it out, if you know what I mean...