Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A day in the life...


Wednesday's are soccer day.  Now the Capt, really likes soccer day for 2 reasons.  It is garbage day and he gets to wear his cool soccer jersey.  If you live with a toddler, you also know that i doesn't always follow that order and that he may change his mind without any forewarning.  Today the cap't wanted to wear his light blue sleeper pj's with the lions on it.  This, of course, is not okay.  People do not wear their pajamas outside the house.  The cap't doesn't care.  The fight to get dressed began.  Somehow, as with everyday, we made it out of the door on time in somewhat of a presentable manner and on time.   Nowadays during soccer, the soccer monster and I have made peace with each other.  As long as the cap't follows 30-50% of directions, the soccer monster can run wild when necessary.  What I discovered is that by doing this, the cap't gives himself his own timeouts!  By the end of our 12 weeks I think we may have 100% participation...but I'm always willing to change my expectations!  Fun was had by all and according to Addie, the Captain's official girlfirned, the 2 of them were just being "goofballs".  After lunch with Dada, we made it home and began rest time.  After several attempts of asking about going big potty on the toilet or in a pull up, the cap't instead defied me once again and just pooped his pants.  I'm not sure why this still suprises me, but.  It does.  At it was not pretty.  Giving a toddler a hose down in the shower in the middle of the afternoon is not what I call a "rest time" and I do not salvage underwear at this stage.  I only have so much patience.  It goes in the garbage.   Now I'm left to figure out how to entertain the child the rest of the day.  I decide to try the park with a friend.  Almost there I hear a funny noise in the backseat and I think, "what is he doing back there?"  I look around and he's asleep.  Snoring.  So off to Starbucks I go spend some quiet time to myself, feed the Kid, and head back home.  Dada will be home soon and I pull up to the house.  The Cap't wakes up and asks if we are going to the park.  Um, no buddy you went to sleep.  This was not okay for the cap't and he burst into tears.  So we took a quick trip to the park and the cap't sat in the middle of the tennis courts and watched 2 random guys play tennis.  This is what I love about the guy.  

No comments: