Friday, March 21, 2008

I have to Pee!



I know you think this post is going to be about the Captain. (Duh! who else is it about!) Well it is actually about me and how I realized today that it is just as important for me to go potty before leaving the house as it is the Cap't.  It is extremely difficult to get from point A to point B with a toddler, let alone a spirited one.  Well this afternoon we went to the park and while we were at the pond (go figure) I thought, hm I have to pee. Well not usually a big deal right? Right!  Until you WANT to leave the park and the toddler does NOT want to leave the park.  So I said, "come on let's run" bad idea for me and the pee. Cap't saw right through me.  Instead he wanted to go fishing.  Then I tried bribes.  "Let's go have sips from the drinking fountain" a novelty that usually is a big hit.  The Cap't must have sensed my desperation.  He had to stop and step on a crunchy leaf.  Meanwhile I prayed that after giving birth to two hefty babies I could cross my legs and "hold it" long enough to get home.  "Let's go home and have easter jello AND cookies!"  I had to pull out the big guns.  The Kid was starting to get irritated and I defiantely would lose it if that happened.   You would have thought this park was the yellow brick road or something, and after stopping to pet a puppy, point at some old gum, evaluate "peoples" playing tennis, we at least made it to the car! I can't believe I have not peed my pants yet.  The Cap't finally climbed into the car and away we went.  I think I was sweating, but, yes, I made it home and got a couple of high fives from a two year old for going "a big, giant pee"  
Stayed tuned for our Easter adventures, but until then the pictures here are from a day with friends.  Coloring eggs, doing some easter art and the usual toddler chaos! 

3 comments:

Beth Butler said...

Love the pictures! High five. You made it.

shamrockgrl74 said...

The " I have to pee" happened to me at the dr. office the other day. For some reason I always make sure she has gone (or at least make her try) before leaving the house, but in the mass chaous I seem to forget about myself.

MotherOfDani said...

Absolutely hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!