Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The ABC's


The Capt is learning his ABC's.  He can sing the whole song and is getting pretty good at pointing out the different letters.  Today at lunch he took the 'W' and the 'M' magnets from the frig and truned the 'M' upside down to make a 'W'.  When I told him it was an 'M' he cried.  I had to admit that I taunted him a bit about this because of course the M and the W can be turned around.  The fact that he was so upset about it was kind of funny.  Today was also soccer.  I was a bit nervous that things may not go well again, but they were definately better.  I have to just remind myself that it sometimes takes the Capt a few sessions of something before it is ready to fully participate.  Then he does it full force.  This is just part of his intensity.  While he is busy making his mom look like she doesn't know what she's doing, he is secretly absorbing everything (and I mean everything) around him.  Then "bam" he'll be in class one day and suddenly become the model student!  My saving grace is that almost everyone who meets the Capt can't help but like his huge personality.

No comments: