Friday, June 13, 2008

This and That

So the Kid is trying to scoot around these days. I shoudl say, on the days he is on his tummy on the floor. He's not even 5 months old yet! Yikes! Oh and he likes to stand as well. Oh and he LOVES the jumperoo. I think I told you that already but today instead of jumping his feet were actually walking. It's really pretty funny. And not funny. I'm not reasy for mobility! I'm stalling with all the fun baby stuff before diving into the not so fun toddler stuff. We are trying to get back on the potty wagon. This time I mean business. No more pull ups. Cold turkey. The Capt. did not like this. He still insists that it's "okay to poop in pull ups mom" That may be the case but you aren't wearing pull ups anymore, buddy. The Capt is now "in charge" of himself when it comes to the potty department. He is very stubborn and wants to do things himself so he is going to have to do this too. It is his responsibility to know when it is time to go and go to the bathroom and do it himself. Many of you know that we have been in the casual potty training mode for sometime now. He knows what to do where to do it and what comes out of where. Now he needs to apply it all on his own. Today is day 3. He had a couple of not so nice messes in his pants today and I am hoping that it will encourage him to use the toilet for ALL his business. He's doing really well in the pee department. We even had to make an extra stop today because he said "I think it's potty time mom." Tonight he learned what it means to poop in your pants. He had to help clean up. Okay for those of you with weak stomachs. This is sooooo not fun. I would much rather just deal with it myself, but I'm afraid I have to pull out the big guns on this one. Having a 2 year old wipe himself after pooping his pants should earn ME a super cool award or something. In my fantasy world I am hoping this only lasts a cople of days. (I don't think he liked doing it. I know I don't and that's why we are potty training to begin with!) I'm also hoping in this case fantasy will become reality. Please send good potty vibes my way. Miss Allison said the first kid is the hardest. I believe her because she is the best teacher in the whole world. (At least in the last 2 years but I can't imagine anyone better then her so we'll go with that.) Okay, I'm off to finish my disinfecting now.....

No comments: