Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's the Little Things

Yesterday after driving around doing errands, we pulled into the driveway and The Capt unbuckles himself, leans in to me and says," I'm really proud of you, Mom." I don't know what I did to make him proud or to say that, but it sure brought a tear to my eye. I hope that means I'm doing something right! Today after The Kid woke up from one of his regularly scheduled naps I peered into the crib and his chubby little arms stretched out as if to say, "hooray, pick me up!" along with that perfect gummy grin! What else could I do but grab that baby and give him a big snuggle! Oh and by the way. The Capt has picked up one of my habits (along with others). He'll say something like "look at that baby, he's smiling!" Right now his favorite thing is to call that baby "chubbers!"

2 comments:

DMomster said...

I'm proud of you too Mom!

Beth Butler said...

Hah hah. We are all proud of you. Chubby legs says hi to chubbers.