Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Naps



So many of you know that the Capt has refused naps for awhile now...we started the battle at about 18 months. Let's just say it was not pretty. If there was a method, idea, or trick, I tried it. If any of you out there are in need of suggestons, trust me, I've tried them all. We are both lucky to have gotten out alive! :) So instead of a nap the Capt goes on Mama's bed for about an hour and watches Zaboo with a snack. He does pretty good for about 45 min. to an hour. Probably the only time of day where every body part is not moving all at once. Especially the mouth. There is usually no talking. Yippee!! I learned to go to my mental happy place during this time and celebrate the small successes. ie. no movement vs. movement. It's not sleep, but I have learned to come to terms with it. Trust me, I was kicking and screaming just to get to this place. The beginning was, well, not good. The minute you walked in the door, you knew it was a bad no nap day. These days are better and more manageable, but these pictures are examples of what happens when mom just can't fight the battle in the afternoon. Art gone wrong. Oh and the face paint is washable markers. The Capt thought he would be a bunny. And just in case you were wondering, washable markers usually come clean, unless you leave them on your face. The Capt is also learning to use scissors. Not sure THAT's a good idea but it has been keeping him occupied for about an hour in the afternoons. We've been cutting up foam paper and using foam stickers (he can finally peel the dang things himself!). The rules: "only cut paper." And the cliched, "no running with scissors." It's actually pretty funny to say this "for real." The cutting of h-a-i-r has crossed MY mind, but there is no way on the planet I would ever say this out loud. God, I probably shouldn't even be typing about it!

No comments: