Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mine


We have turned a new corner in the toddler department. I guess because we don't have enough corners. (Thought you could only have four) The Capt. would argue this of course but I digress...The phrase "That's mine!" has been creeping up on me this past week and I've been trying hard to ignore it. It's here to stay. This is the Capt. newest phrase along with "don't do that Mom!" Today on a hike I grabbed a little backpack from the back seat for snacks and what-nots we might need. About 1/4 of the way in the Capt realized this on my back and exclaimed. "that's mine!" I said it was really mine and I have been sharing with him. This time with more zest he hollered "that's my purse!" I know some of you are laughing about the purse thing. Monday he took a little black clutch filled with cars to kindermusik, but whatever. Funny thing about the backpack is he was just so mad about it. The spittle was flying out of his little mouth as he was telling me that I I could not have this bag. It was his. Finally when it came to blows, we took a time out. In the woods. Time out in the woods works waaay better than at home. The Capt also pleasantly waved "hi" to a few people as they hiked by during this spell and we explained we were having a time out. So I'm still figuring out how to deal with this new attitude and will keep you posted when I find a resolution, or, er, compromise!

No comments: