Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nana's visit



I love when my mom visits. It always regenerates my mommyhood. The Capt loves it too even if he doesn't truly realize it. It helped us get back on the potty wagon with underwear. The Capt even has his own potty watch. It fits his little wrist and goes off at 90 minutes as a reminder to go. While my mom was here the new patio, aka Capt's yard, got some fun new toys. A sand and water table and a new tricycle! We spent lots of afternoons out here. The newest Capt phrase was in the car. We are just driving along, my mom and I talking, (which means the Capt is always asking what we are talking about and what happened) very nosy! Today he says, "Um, excuse me, I have a question." I always want to laugh my butt off at these comments but I try to act natural. So I ask him what his question is like it's completely normal for a two year old to talk to you this way. The Capt also decided to tote his "baby" around in the car today. This is a plush doll he got from his Auntie Cari before the Kid was born. It is anatomically correct (as much as a plush baby can be) and has a little shirt and diaper. He tries nursing this baby on occasion which is totally funny since the baby eats from his belly button and today the baby finally got a name. Chakie. Baby Chakie.

No comments: