Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bringing Up Boys



This is the title of the current book I am reading. It is filled with a lot of interesting information on raising boys in a difficult society. Although it is heavy on Christian philosophy and I am not a religious person, I do appreciate the moral substance it brings. It is NOT for the feminists and may be difficult for the single mom to swallow, but i will be comparing it to a couple of other "boy" books on my list. I am interested in these books for several reasons. My younger brother and I came from a divorced home and was raised by a single mom for about 7 years. I watched my brother struggle with many issues that he still deals with today. I now have 2 boys and it is my responsibility to raise them honestly, safely, and with good morals and manners. To teach them to be responsible, courteous and smart. I want to be able to give them things and share with them, things I may not have had. I want to give them every opportunity to be successful no matter what path they choose and I want them to be contributing members of society. I want to pass as much good on to them as possible so in turn, they can do the same. I believe it is our duty and responsibility as parents to be the best role models and mentors to our children as we possibly can. Okay that's my soapbox for the day! Back to the legos and poopy diapers...and "no" you can't play golf in the house! Pictures are Baby Jack in blue and Baby Will in green/tan

No comments: