Friday, April 4, 2008

feelings....


The Capt. is learning how to express his feelings through words. It's really kind of funny but I try to be as empathetic as possible.
Lately he has been feeling scared. Not sure what there really is to be scared of, but still, I try to acknowledge these feelings. He's scared of things like scary music, ghosts (how does he even know what ghosts are?) Tonight was something all together different and not at all scary. I asked him if he wanted chicken for dinner. As with most toddlers, chicken in the so called, nugget form, is pretty much a staple. He said "no because it makes him sad." I asked why. He said, " because chickens go b-r-awk!" And he was Serious! I really tried hard not to bust a gut on that one! When the time came he still ate the chicken.

2 comments:

Mel said...

the first time evan acknowledged something scary was a month or two ago, when he was sitting on a potty at a mall and the automatic flush went off. he looked down into the swirling abyss and looked and me and quietly said, "that's scary."

Beth Butler said...

I am seriously sitting here laughing. Brawk. Teehee.