Tuesday, May 20, 2008

You can do it!


The resilience of babies. A day after The Kid's ordeal at the hospital he was rolling over! Me and Dada and the Capt were there cheering him on as he lay like a worm on the carpet. We were all yelling, "Come on you can do it, go baby!" The Capt was jumping up and down while we watched the Kid grin and giggle and finally flip over like a fish out of water. To this he received his own cheering section of clapping and screaming. It really was a joyous moment. It was then that I truly knew we would all be okay. Today we met with the Hemophilia nurse practioner. We dropped the Capt off at his older friend, Ryan's house and away we went. We learned so much and after an hour and a half sighed in relief that we really WILL be OK. There will be bumps and bruises along the way (excuse my pun!) but as long as we are carefully monitoring the situation, the Kid will grow up like any other. No one will be the wiser. The second step will be to get myself tested to see if I was a true carrier of this disorder or if it was a newly mutated gene. Ever day will bring something new, but wasn't that happening anyway? I'm going to go kiss that chubby baby now....

1 comment:

DMomster said...

Hey Supergirl! I love you. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face...Kiss the knuckleheads for me too!