Friday, November 28, 2008

How questions, pulling up and baking.




I've been waiting for the Capt to get to the "why" phase. I figured this would really be big for him. Now I'm thinking he is bypassing that question altogether. Instead he asks: "How?" Like leaving Dada's office the other day. As we leave the building he looks up and says, "wow, that's a tall building!" "How do the people get up there?" And getting onto the freeway he sees a parking structure and says, "what's that?" "How do the cars get up there?" I am required to explain everything in great detail. Or I get, how.how.how. I hope I'm smart enough for this! Oh! And the Kid this last week, started pulling himself up! Yippee! (I think!) He is really taking off. Today we lowered the crib and he just loves standing at his crib waiting for me to get him. What this also means is a lot more bruises. Knees, elbows and even feet! And I am sooo happy for bumper guards! Yesterday he was lowering himself from the coffe table and bong! his head bounced off the bumper guard. Whew! He went along his merry way. As far as baking goes, I will let the pictures explain. This is what baking with a soon to be 3 year old looks like. What you didn't see is the Capt getting started on his own while I was changing the baby. The Capt got the egss out and cracked about six into the mixer before I made it into the kitchen. While we didn't need six eggs, he did a pretty good job of keeping the shells out. I don't suggest any of you let your toddler try this at home. I guess I'll be making omelets for breakfast! Here's the finished products. The Capt of course made his snowmen in blue. The cheeks and ears were of his own creation!

2 comments:

Beth Butler said...

Awesome. Someone can get messier than Addie. She almost made ice cream herself. Got out sugar and cream but chose a colander as a bowl!
Omelettes are yummy, good idea Jack.

Amy said...

That is the cutest bare buns pic I've ever seen.
The look on his face is priceless. What a couple of dollies you've got.