Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Rockstar


Okay so for those that have known the Capt since he was a baby, they know that he's a little different. Not necessarily in a bad way. He has just been on a different schedule than most babies. Has reached developmental milestones early etc. His personality could be described as "Spirited" or "Active-Alert" if I'm in a positive mood, and "crazy, hyper, and unruly" on a not-so-good day. I have had people tell me his smart, gifted, genius and a possible presidential candidate someday. I just think he dances to the beat of his own drum. And if you've ever seen him dance, you know what I mean! He's definately quirky. He's "Just Jack." Well within the last six months he has talked about "being a rockstar." He saw a show on PBS called Raggs. I think it's lame but it's colorful, musical, and the characters ask the kids thoughtful questions so I guess that's why he likes it. The dogs play guitars. The Capt's Papa plays a guitar and his Uncle Larry plays and has guitars. He loves music so why shouldn't it all come together. He got a guitar for christmas from Papa and he has loved the strings right off of it! Well recently his being a rockstar has evolved. Oh and the child will break into song a guitar playing whenever the moment moves him! Anyway, the other day we were riding in the car and he had his notebook and crayin in hand. He tells me he is writing a song. I just hung on to the steering wheel so not to crash. You'd think by this point I would be getting used to his revelations/shennaigans, but no, I don't. They come so freaking randomly. He just throws this stuff at you when you least expect it! Well to top that off, two days ago he wanted to do some art. Great! We get out his scissors (yes I let him use scissors with the clear knowledge that only the hair cutting place can cut hair.) I try to use the ame tone as I use when talking about poison so I hope this works. So he's quietly cutting and coloring and gluing away for awhile. Quiet is never a good thing in this case so I look over and he has used washable markers up and down his arms. I ask what he is doing and why he did not color on paper. He tells me, "All rockstars have to have colors on their arms." Duh! Hello mom don't you know this? I'm like uh well your 2 and not a rockstar yet so you need to take a bath. And um where did he get this hairbrained idea? He watches Sprout and Noggin and I'm pretty sure there are no rockstars with tatoos on those channels. And if there are, I am going to sue them in about 16 years. Oh and moving on, he is starting to ask me how to spell things...that's a whole other topic that I am ignoring until absolutely necessary.

No comments: