Thursday, July 10, 2008

suprising kids


The Capt and the Kid keep the fascination of raising kids always exciting. Today during music class The Capt was listening to Miss Allison tell a story and the page was about 8 baby lizards and a momma. When she read "eight lizards, blah blah blah" The Capt blurted out. "There's not 8 there's 9!" Whoa. Um, when did he start learning addition??!! I know he wants to go to school and all, but can we start with learning to write your name and coloring inside the lines.
These last couple of weeks The Kid has been in sitting limbo. He hasn't been able to sit up unassisted but he's getting too dang big for everything! I've been trying to figure out the best way to give him a bath since he doesn't fit in his baby tub anymore and I'm still lugging him around in his infant seat. Well today he decided to sit up. By himself. It was alot like the rolling over. I knew he could do it but until he's good and ready, and has a good reason, he will do it all in his own sweet time. Now that I think about it. He does this with eating as well. Eating fruit. Not so much! Veggies loves 'em, but only likes to eat "people food" at dinner.
I especially love that both these guys are sooo different. The Capt is always on the go. Always has been from the first moment I felt him in my tummy. The Kid takes his own sweet time and is just happy hanging out in his crib with his lovey.

1 comment:

DMomster said...

They are getting so big Heidi!!! I can't wait to see you all in August! Big Hugs...