Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Filmaker in the Family

Last week The Cap't came to me and told me he wanted to make a lego movie.  I gave him my camera and set it to video and told him to go at it.  After about 5 minutes he cam back and said, "no mom.  I don't want to be in the movie.  I want to make the kind where the legos move by themselves."  I realized what he wanted to do was make a stop motion movie.  Think Gumby or Mr. Bill.  So we went to the internet and found a plethora of links to teach us how to make a lego stop motion.  So again I gave the Cap't my camera, set it to auto, put it on the tripod and showed him how to frame the picture.  We spent about 5 minutes together and then I left him to his own devices.  He spent 2 days taking about 350 pictures. He picked out music and I dictated dialog.  He made all the decisions, with my guidance.  The pictures were then uploaded.  We deleted the bad ones and I transferred them to imovie.  From there the magic happened!  Below is the final product!  A little over 3 minutes, the Cap't has his creative collective out for the world to see!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angelo said...

Nice video! you are so creative haha...

Angelo,
Rapid Loans
Business Loans