Friday, March 13, 2009

Magic!

Okay okay, I know I have totally flaked on my blog lately.  I've been in a horrible creative funk, but I think my inspiration is coming back to me.  And trust me.  This post is gonna be good!
So a coupel of weeks ago the Capt and I had a few moments alone.  He was sitting on my lap and chatting.  (Like when is he NOT chatting!)  He started talking about how he and his brother were babies in my tummy.  I just nodded and hoped this wasn't going somewhere scary.  We'd already discussed that babies come out of a hole and I hoped this was still acceptable.  Well.  It got scary.  He still seemed to be okay about babies coming out of a hole but now he asked, "how did they get in there?"  I'm sure I had a deer in the headlights look and hoped I could play dumb.  "Oh they just get there." I replied.  "But HOW?"  Okay clearly not going the way I hoped.  I was trying to think fast so I stalled some more.  "oh they just get in the mom's tummy.  Mommy and daddy loved each other so much, blah blah blah that the baby just got there."  I'm sure it was not sounding as casual as I hope since he asked again.  "how?"  I came up with the only thing I could when dealing with a 3 year old asking where babies came from.  "It was Magic!"  I'm sure I was getting sweaty and looking for another escapre route, but he hardly blinked an eye and said, "oh, okay."  I was seriously not prepared for this conversation.  Dada thought I should have told him, "some sort of tube."  But that's his answer for everything.  MY answer for everything now is it's magic.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh I like that. MAGIC.
Smart mama.

Beth Butler said...

good call--it is Magic--I will have to remember about Magic

I remember that Addie asked how do the babies come out of Momma's tummy. My answer "What do you think?" She says "the midwives took her out" Yay. No blushing and a good answer.

Glad you are blogging again.

DMomster said...

Isn't just like a man to reference his "tube"! Ha!